Friday, January 14, 2011

Audio / Video Editing on the Cheap... Free

I've been posting a lot of videos on my site, but I don't have paid video software... and no I didn't pirate it either.

For all of us who don't have the extra few hundred dollars to buy an awesome program like Adobe Premiere, the functionality can be replaced by using a couple different programs to get the same (or similar) results.

I think you'll be able to get your hands on just about everything I mention here from FileHippo.com

First you need codecs, I heard that the codec packs like CCCP or Klite are pretty effective, but I just use ffdshow and the matroska splitter.  Between those two things you don't need much else.

I use VideoPad Video Editor (from NCH), it's a paid program, but when you attempt to uninstall it, you get the option to use a less functional free version.


Another free and useful tool I use is Sqirlz Morph.  This program is probably one of the most intuitive and clever morphing tools I've ever seen.  There is so much you can do with this, but I use it for making .gif and .avi files from just simple pictures.
Sample work using Squirlz Morph

For video conversion, I found a nice free tool Super(c).  I like it not only because it's a free fully functional audio/video converter/joiner, it's also named Super C... as in Super Contra.  You know... the old Nintendo game.

I hope you found this post helpful. Anyway, that's about it.

10 comments:

  1. Excellent programs with the perfect cost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool page!

    I'm following you and will check in daily!

    Whoever follows me I will be sure to follow them and check their blog daily!

    http://illuminatinwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks.

    Been looking for one just to fool around with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks cool, and its on the cheap
    can't beat that

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey man, awesome blog - i'm now following.

    Follow me back at: http://linkisnotdead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use ffdshow regularly and it's an awesome program. If you look around, there's enough freeware stuff to do whatever it is you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, that sample with the clowns morphing is scary as fuck!

    apart from that really nice info. didn't know most programs but have been using SUPER for years now, it's a really nice program and converts everything to everything.

    oh and there seems to be a word or two missing in your very last sentence... and I really.

    anyway, following you now :)


    http://kind-of-informational.blogspot.com/
    my blog, if you feel like giving it a click some time

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice find.

    Cool post, following and supporting.

    http://illuminatinwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice info keep it coming

    Following

    Learn to pick up the ladies
    therichesthappiest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use AVS Video Editor and I love it! It's not very expensive, but is very powerful :)

    ReplyDelete