Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Legend of Zelda

This start screen and music is nothing short of iconic.

Not the best grammar, but the story is clear enough.
Gannon is the bad guy...
Something about a Triforce...
Zelda was kidnapped...
Something else about a Triforce...
Link has to save her.

I think this is the best technique for taking this guy out.
Seriously, I bet you've never thought of it.

On each level, you find a piece of the Triforce.


Link and Zelda with the Triforces of wisdom and power.


Not a lot of franchises have held up to the test of time like the Zelda series. With the exception of Adventures of Link and the CD-I's Zelda: Wand of Gamelon (Angry Video Game Nerd did reviews on both of them), just about every Zelda game has been an iconic and innovative game.

In honor of the series, I replayed the game, recording the locations of the levels and the boss fights. If I need to spoiler alert you of the ending for The Legend of Zelda, you're reading the wrong blog.


The game is challenging, but not ridiculous. I used to remember the blue knights being the most difficult enemy in the game, but after the replay, I realized it's damn blue wizards. They phase all over the place, they're movement is erratic, and if you're unlucky enough to line up straight up on one while you're shooting at him, they just start firing that spell wave at you like it's going out of style. One of the only times in the game I needed to have the old lady's potion was level 6... just for these douche bags.

"Asswhopicus!"

I'd really like to bring your attention to my cool tactic for the level 3 boss. I'm pretty sure it's a good tactic that not a lot of you thought of. Just to set me straight though, I'd like to know if I was able to discover a new trick on an old game.

No comments:

Post a Comment