Monday, October 11, 2010

FireStriker... I just can't put you down


   Last time I blogged I (re)introduced you to the old SNES cart Firestriker.  In this installment, I'll show you the boss fights as well as a preview of my next blog.

Oh, I gotta hurry up and beat this guy, I've got a turtle head peaking out!

The third boss is a total flamer.

Every time I try to get close to him, he just throws up this emotional wall!

I'd like a video of me beating the boss, but to do that I'd have to actually beat the boss.

   While researching Firestriker, (which you can buy for like $4.00 on Amazon by clicking this link) I found the company Hect which made this game, made another game that never came out in America that looks damn amazing.  Stealth puts you in the shoes of a squad of US soldiers during the Vietnam war.  This turn based I was going to check out Illusion of Gaia, but this game is a must see for me.  Here's a sample of what Stealth has to offer.

The box art for Stealth
   I'm not really sure how historically accurate this game will be, but I'll let you know if the USA wins in this one or not.

12 comments:

  1. old school games for the win!
    I used to play this weird japanese game that scared the crud out of me. It was this ninja that transformed and stuff. Unfortunately I never understood the language and just rambo'ed the whole thing without a story line :P

    come check out my blog if you like music!

    www.modernefusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must be, like, splinter cell a long time ago..

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice man, SNES is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I love your blog, I LOVE old games! Thanks for commenting on mine, I will deffinately be coming back to your blog to read your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FireStriker definitely seems like a good game, coming back to see what other SNES treasures you pull up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do what now?
    Too bad I didn't grow up with a SNES... :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome! please check out GTL Everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it looks like you're Beating Inertia today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to love old school game like this. Replay value never fails!

    ReplyDelete